Sunday, 26 July 2009

Sunderland Airshow




Went to the Sunderland airshow on Saturday..... heaving with people but it was such a lovely day. Ideal weather for the display, fluffy clouds, clear, dry, perfect! Here are a few sample shots of the day. The display was held over the sea so it was difficult to get any close up shots and my lens is only a 70-300mm which is pretty soft on the long end. Decided my next lens has to be a 400mm prime lens but I don't think I will be getting it anytime soon....

No mishaps at this years show, the last one I went to was in Lowestoft when the Harrier crashed into the sea which was a little surprising to say the least! Fortunately the pilot was ok.

The Red Arrows as always were the stars of the show! Jas Hawker in his final year as Red Leader.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful series. I love aircraft photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! i really enjoyed the day, getting any photos was a bonus!

    ReplyDelete