Monday, 6 July 2009

New Laptop


For the past week I have been configuring my new laptop. Installing Photoshop (CS4) and all the plugins etc takes ages! Just when I think I have it all finished I remember something else that has to go on... Then to find all my serial numbers! If only I was organised...

Anyway here is the spec:
Specifications
  • Intel® Core™2 Extreme X9100 3.06GH
  • Intel® Centrino® 2 PM45
  • 4096MB DDR3 1066MHz
  • 640GB SATA2 7200rpm in RAID 0
  • nVidia® GeForce® 9800M GTS
  • Graphics/Video Memory
  • 1GB GDDR3
  • 17" Widescreen Ultrabright™ WXGA+
  • 9-Cell 7800mAh Lithium-ion
  • Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi Link 802.11a/g/n
  • 1.3 Megapixel Webcam
  • High Definition Audio
  • 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • 3 x USB 2.0 Ports
  • VGA Connector
  • RJ-45 LAN Connector
  • RJ-11 Modem Port
  • Headphone / SPDIF Audio Out
  • Microphone
  • Kensington Lock Slot
  • AC Adapter Connector
  • eSATA Port
  • v1.3 HDMI Connector
  • 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader
  • Memory Stick®
  • Memory Stick Pro®
  • Multimedia Card™
  • Secure Digital™
  • XD
  • Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2
  • Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
  • Cyberlink PowerDVD
Anyway, it's really fast in photoshop!! Tasks that used to take me ages take seconds now. I also have a labelflash drive that prints directly onto the dvd from the drive but I haven't tried that out yet.

I even have a couple of computer games which I didn't bother with before as the old laptop ran too slowly. Let's hope the new one doesn't get laggy with time but at the moment using it is bliss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment