Sunday, 24 May 2009

Ripley Castle

Well today is the first chance I had to try out my new Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens. Gosh it was exciting!! And what a gloooooorious day it was too, had to be the hottest day of the year so far. Sam went off for the afternoon with his friends so I sauntered around the beautiful Ripley Castle grounds. The lake looked stunning with the castle reflected in it. Although Ripley village was heaving with people (as it's bank holiday weekend) the castle itself wasn't too bad, and the other side of the lake was virtually empty. I sat and watched the fish jumping out of the water and if you look at the first shot below, you can just make out a fish just leaping out of the lake. I enhanced the colour of the photos with a filter as it was just a tad too sunny for a decent photo today. All in all I was pretty pleased with what I came home with for my first taster of wide angle!! Here are a few sample shots of the day. All pretty much on the widest end of the lens and aperture at around F18 to F22 to get as much of the view in focus as possible. ISO around the 200 mark.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics. Do you like your new lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hello!!! yes i do like my lens although you do get a certain amount of distortion of course. there have been many times that i have wished i had a wide angle lens with me!

    ReplyDelete