Sunday, 8 February 2009

Winner

I got out of bed this morning, logged on to my laptop to check new posts on the forum I belong to, to find that I had won the monthly competition with this picture!! I know it's not a big deal.... but it is a very big deal to me. I also won a camera bag that holds a camera plus and extra long lens which is cool. But for me it's not what you win, it's the fact that other people voted my picture as the best!!

I processed this picture by converting to black and white in CS4 and adding some noise and a slight vignette to darken the whole look. I used a narrow depth of field to focus on Sam's face and blur the background (Castle Howard). I wanted the viewer to focus initially on Sam but then wander to the back of the picture and wonder about the beautiful building behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment